College Students Apply Today!
DUE DATE: April 28, 2023
MSF is offering one $5,000 scholarship and two $2,500 scholarships to college students who are seeking a career beneficial to ranching. Scholarships are available to a student currently enrolled in a college or university, and have completed at least one semester of coursework.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in college and have completed at least one semester in college
- Applicants enrolled in Vocational and out of state schools will be accepted.
- Applicant must be a member, or have at least one parent/guardian who is a member, of the Montana Stockgrowers Association
- Applicant must demonstrate a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
If you are interested in the scholarship but are not currently a MSGA member, join today! Student memberships start at just $20/year. www.mtbeef.org/membership/
A 500-word essay discussing educational pursuits, potential impact of chosen field and why the applicant feels they are deserving of the scholarship funds
Copy of transcript (non-official transcripts are accepted)
Two letters of recommendation:
- A letter addressing your academic accomplishments
- A letter addressing your activities in the cattle industry
- All scholarship recipients will be required to attend an MSGA event. MSF will pay for all expenses to the event the recipient will attend.
- A letter from the College stating the student is currently enrolled will be required.
- Recipients will be required to submit a follow-up letter or an in person visit or Zoom meeting with the MSF Trustees one year after receiving scholarship funds.
- Finalists will be required to attend an in-person interview with the selection committee. The interview will take place in Bozeman on June 7, 2023
There are two ways in which to complete the application, online or by mail.
- Complete online application below.
- Applications are able to upload letter of recommendation, transcripts, and essay within the application.
- Online applications must be submitted by April 28, 2023.
- BY MAIL:
- Fill out printable application
- Please include essay, transcripts and letters of recommendation in the application.
- Letters of recommendation may be included in your submission or mailed separately.
All materials must be postmarked by April 28, 2023.
- MAILING ADDRESS:
Montana Stockgrowers Association
c/o Foundation Scholarship
420 N. California St., Helena, MT 59601
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS OR APPLICATIONS POSTMARKED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
If you have any questions about the scholarship application, please call the MSGA Office at (406) 442-3420 or email email@example.com.
Sage Zook $5,000
Macie Martinell $2,500
Sage Jackson $2,500
Nolan Nansel $1000
Owen Gustafson $500
Bethany Lyford $500
2020: Maggie Whitehurst
2019: Greta Gustafson & Carissa Workman
2018: Evan Haughian, Trey Bloesser & Rebecca Gibbs
2017: Taylre Sitz
2016: Amanda Williams
2015: Allie Nelson & Camron Ratzburg
Sage Zook was awarded a $5,000 scholarship and is attending Northwest College in Powell Wyoming, majoring in Animal Science. Her anticipated date of graduation is May 2023.
Macie Martinell was a awarded a $2,500 scholarship and is attending Montana State University in Bozeman majoring in Exercise Science. Macie plans on applying for Physical Therapy school to receive her Doctorate in physical therapy. Her anticipated date of graduation is May 2025.
Sage Jackson was awarded a $2500 scholarship and is attending Montana State University pursuing a degree in Animal Science – Livestock Management with a minor in Agriculture Business. Her anticipated date of graduation is May 2024.